Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Squirrels in Scotland




So, as you can see, this is a dot density symbol map showing the population and distribution of red and grey squirrels in Scotland. Sorry you can't really read the key, but the green dots represent grey squirrels, and the red dots represent red squirrels. Random? No I have a reason... kind of. I wanted to include a map of Scotland in one of my map blogs, because I am actually going to Scotland over spring break on a mission trip with RUF (A campus ministry here at Mercer, for those of you that don't know). Specifically, we will be traveling to the city of Edinburgh (which apparently has a very big grey squirrel population, so I'll be on the lookout). I really don't have a reason as to why I chose the squirrel population map specifically, other than that it was something a little different and fun. Though it looks like there are a whole lot of squirrels in parts of Scotland, I highly doubt they have more than Macon. There's just no way.

No comments:

Post a Comment